Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scallops on the Egg?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone successfully cooked scallops on the BGE? I impulsively purchased some beauts today at the store, and I'm not sure how I'm going to fix them. If anyone has any experience, insights or recipes, I would appreciate the same. Thanks.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Bill-the-Grill, I have done the scallops wrapped in bacon (recipe above in submitted recipes) but I have also been wanting to try the Rosemary scallops. Take a whole rosemary branch about 8 inches long and skewer 5 or 6 scallops like you would a shish-kabob. Sprinkle lightly with a favorite rub (Dizzy Dust Raging River comes to mind) and then grill at 375-400 for about 4 minutes, flip and grill for another 4 minutes. Serve them still on the skewer

• Poncho
    Poncho Posts: 50
    Options
    Bill-the-Grill,
    I've done them a couple of times. I use a fish/veggie grill...round with holes. It fits nicely in my large. I find simple is best with scallops. You want the flavor to come through. I grill them with a little s & P, and some olive oil. High heat to get a good sear. Maybe a little lemon when they are done. We often put them on a salad with a light dressing.
    Poncho