Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Ribs Method - Help!

Options
Still Smokin'
Still Smokin' Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been searching the archives and found the following:[p]Country style ribs are either cut from the shoulder or the loin. The ones in the shoulder you tend to cook more like spares or back ribs, low and slow to melt out the fat. The boneless loin cut country style ribs are the same as boneless loin chops which should be cooked 350 or so for 45 min. or less to a temp of 145 or 150 before pulling so they don't dry out. Thats all great to know, but I have bone-in loin cut country style ribs. They are a bit redder than the whiter boneless loin. They also look like they have a bit more fat than a normal loin. We're eat'n tonight. Starting to run out of time. Any recommendations on temp and cook time. It's almost 2:00 now.[p]thanks, Spatchcocked chicken tomorrow. What a great weekend.
Beers to all!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Still Smokin',[p]Well, it's way too late for advice now. Hope you cooked your country-style ribs the way you would loin, i.e., not very long.[p]How did they turn out?[p]Lee

• Still Smokin'
    Options
    QSis,
    Ribs turned out great. In fact, so good that now I wonder why I haven't tried them before. Country style ribs were the main pork product I q'd all thru college many moons ago. I put them on at 250 for 3 hours and slowly increased to 350 for the last hour, adding sauce at 20 min left. Very tender, very little fat.