Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Slow cooked Italian Beef w/ Pepperoncini

Options
Big Papa
Big Papa Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a great BEEF recipe for Italian Brased beef with Pepperoncini and gardinara in it?

Please post.

I am on my way to store to geet what I need.

Thanks

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Here is one we do in the crock pot all the time. It turns out pretty good. 3 to 4 lb beef roast. 1 can beef consume. 1 package of Good Season Italian seasonings. 1 can of beer. 1 small jar of hot pepperoncinis. Brown meat on all sides then add all the ingredients into a pot. Cook on low (250/275) for 5 to 6 hours or until meat falls apart. Good luck to all. Tom
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    Here's the one I use:

Italian Beef with Beer

1 (3 to 4 1/2 lbs) beef roast, trimmed (chuck works great or bottom round)
    1 can (12 ounces) beer (you choose the flavor)
    1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
    1 12-oz. jar Pepperoncini peppers, with the liquid
    Hard Rolls, Bulkie Rolls, French Bread, etc.

Pour beer into crock pot. Drain liquid from pepperoncini into crockpot. Stir in the salad dressing mix until well- blended. Place about half of the peppers in the crockpot. Trim fat from the roast; place in crock pot on top of peppers. Top roast with remaining peppers. Cook Italian beef on low 8 to 10 hours Remove cooked roast from crockpot; cool slightly. While still warm, pull roast with two forks to shred. To serve, ladle small amount of warm liquid from crock over split roll or bread, top with shredded beef, then follow with more beef liquid as desired.

I also do this one on the egg only using CI DO. You can vary the amount of pepperoncini. The original recipe I had (from a neighbor) only called for half the juice from a jar and only 8 peppers. You can add extra garlic and/or onions if you like. Definitely serve on the French bread or hoagie loaves.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    How about thirdeye's recipe? Look easy and good.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    IMG_0502c.jpg

It's both.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Yea, that! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Big Papa
    Big Papa Posts: 220
    Options
    I added to third Eyes recipe. This is what I cam up with for the braising liquid

The braising liquid is:

1 14 oz. jar of the pickled pepperoncini with the juice
    1 can of beef broth (chicken broth can be used too)
    1 package Lipton onion soup mix
    1 16 oz Hot Giardenara (Oild drained)
    1 12 oz can of your favorite beer.
    2 yellow onions, med dice
    10 Garlic Cloves

Will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for input all :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    thirdeye,

Didn't Large Marge have one too?