Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how to justify that small in addition to the large

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this is why i also have a small now. . .went to make burgers the other night, but the family was in its usual disaray. . .teenage daughter had to eat and get out of the house, so i fired up the small around 5:00, took it up to 500, threw on two burgers for her (with kosher salt and dizzy cow lick). . .pulled them off, and fed her dinner, closed the vents almost tight. . .temps went down to about 250. .. an hour and half later, the 10 year old son came home from a friends house, where he supposedly had dinner, but he was still hungry. . .opened the vents back up. . .about 5 minutes later i was back at 500 and did his burgers. . .then shut the vents back down again. . .around 8:00, the wife and i were finally ready to eat, sooooo, back open went the vents, 5 minutes later i'm back at 500, on went the last few burgers. . . by the time i was finished cooking, the small had been lit almost 4 hours, i had taken the temps up to 500 three different times, and still had plenty of lump left when it was all over.. . .and as always, the burgers were as good as they get. . .and i didn't need the big load of lump going in the large. . .the small worked perfectly. . .

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Sounds like a good idea, in fact I stopped at the local dealer tonight and checked...he wanted $319 for a small. Too much. I need to find a better price than that.[p]Mike in MN