Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lawn Ranger's Grid Lifters

Options
Right.Brainer
Right.Brainer Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new to the forum and I appreciate the friendliness and the insights of the eggsters. Like many of you, I have an affinity for hardware and gadgets. [p]I have seen several posts that show pictures and talk about the Lawn Ranger's Grid lifters. They have an original design are obviously well made, and are overall, very jazzy. Can someone shed some more light on them and tell me about their function and value as an egging tool. I have BGE lifters and they are OK.[p]Thanks[p]RightBrainer

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    RightBrainer,
    As I see it, their main advantage is that you can lift the grid without having your hand over the fire. The BGE grid lifter requires that you have your hand over the edge of the fire. Of course, the Lawn Ranger's grid lifters are just a wee bit more attractive than the BGE lifter. :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    RightBrainer,
    the Lawn Ranger's grid tool is easier to handle than the plier type lifters out there, to scrape the grid with the grid lifter is really nice, you can't do that with the pliers, I use mine to stir hot coals and not worried about gettingt burnt, andddddddddddd, makes a nice fly swatter when someone tries to open the BGE too soon or someone tries taking my beer....hehehehe.....But it really is worth the effort to at least try one.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RightBrainer,
    Yeah.. What they said below.[p]And the karma. OH the karma! Let's not forget the karma.[p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Right.Brainer
    Options
    NW:
    Thanks for the reply.
    10-4 on hands not being over the fire.
    Is the lifting of the grid stable..balanced..easy to park the grid where you want it?[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    RightBrainer,
    I can park that baby between a chicken and a pork chop, but if you truly want stability.....
    psssst....(get 2 of 'em)

• Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    RightBrainer,
    My friend "Goose" gave me one as a gift the other day and I was going to try it out last night , but left it at work. Maybe tonight. It looks really cool though. Suppose to be a cool 100 degrees today. Think I'll ride the Harley this afternoon.