Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help with Brisket...FAST

Options
Hawkeye
Hawkeye Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I am in a bad spot. My in-laws came for Easter today and brought with the an EIGHT POUND Brisket that my father-in-law wants to "throw on the Egg" while they are over there today.
I have never done a brisket, not sure I have everything I need to do a brisket or if this is even possible on short notice
He just wants me to cook it so they can take it home, it is not a Easter menu item
Can anyone help me pull of this miricle

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    It's going to take between 8 and 12 hours to cook.

I cook mine indirect with plate setter legs up, grid on top and brisket on the grid. 225 degree grid temperature. When it reaches about 165 degrees, I wrap it in foil for an hour with chicken broth in the foil and put it back on the grid. After the hour, it is unwrapped and put back on the griod until the internal temp is 195-200 degrees. It should be fork tender at that point.

Use Hickory or other wood chunks for a smokey taste.

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    check out kickassbbq.com. They have a method for hot and fast cooking. I did it once and it wasn't that bad.
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 32
    Options
    I have tons of time. It is only 1100 here and they will be here for the next 10 or 11 hours.
    How long is this usually cooking for?
    My meat thermometer is not working right though and it is easter so no place to get one
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Then just do it at 250 till it's 195-200. Put a heavy layer of rub on it and trim the large pieces of fat. Leave a little on the bottom.