Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burnt Ends

Options
BoneDaddy's
BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a nice 4lb point from my butcher, was wondering how to make burnt ends out of it. time/temp/direct or indirect, etc.
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Thirdeye has a good recipe and tutorial on his web site. Playing with smoke and fire. The basic is to smoke like you would any brisket to the point where the internal temp is about 190/200. You cube the meat or keep the whole point on for another 2 to 3 hours. Put into sauce and continue to smoke until all the fat has been rendered. I smoke my butts and briskets at 245/250. For a whole brisket I smoke for 16/17 hours. Good luck to you. Tom
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    ccb419b3.jpg

Here is a vsual of what BajaTom was talking about....these things are great. The ones above cooked down with some sauce, the ones below were sauced right before serving. BTW, you can also make PBE's (pork burnt ends), like in the bottom picture

dc6392cd.jpg

DSC04646a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BoneDaddy's
    BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
    Options
    So any time estimate for just a 4lb point? Would it be a good 22 hrs or so at 250?
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering