Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Ham Question

Options
JCinNV
JCinNV Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to do Egrets ham, what is the approximate cook time per lb@250 indirect??? so I have an idea how early I need to get up. tia

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have done 10-12#'s at 250 for 5 hours and have done spiral cut 10 #'s at 250 that were ready in 3 hours. Pull at 140F. If doing spiral cut careful not to dry out the edges.
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    I'm going to try this recipe also.
    I just took the Ham from the freezer. Going out for the day and a very late night ahead.
    Can I wait and do the injection and pasting tomorrow morning or is that too late?
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I do not inject, instead I make many little holes with a knife, like for garlic slivers, and drizzle the mixture over the ham and it gets into the pockets. Have done overnight in frig and also just a few hours before cookingand it works for me. Saving the run off to drizzle on the ham during the cook.
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Thank you Rich.
    I'll try that "Drink all day, start in AM" thing too!