Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

coming out of hibernation

AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited 9:06AM in EggHead Forum
Whatsup doods!?

I've been absent too long - its finally de-icing out there somewhat so I will be trying to cook & post more. It has been one LOooooong Winter!!!

Leroy - I just got your email - I will respond soon!

Stike - wtf is that awesome thingy you've been using to make the little movies? I love it!!!

Fill me in on what's been going on!!

Comments

• EmandM'sDadEmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    hey Melissa Glad to see you. You going to make it to Waldorf?
  • Hey Melissa you and Brent going to make it to Waldorf this year? Good to see you come out of hibernation. Hows the fishing. What you been cooking.
    Regards Dale
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Saw a Kingsford commercial last night. A guy wanders into his neighbors backyard get together. He's all pasty white, unshaven and bundled up. He's disoriented mumbling about white, cold nothingness. His friends grab him, sit him down and begin to "talk him down". "It was just winter, it's over now, everything will be OK."

Another guy yells out "Get this man a burger!"

It made me crack up, your post made me think of it. :P
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Im working on it Dale! I don't know if I can talk Brent into it - he just got back from Australia and is ready to stay home for a while. :)

Herring fishing just opened up, and we are about a month away from the salmon derby, so we will know soon how the season is going to shape up for us. Hopefully there's lots out there this year!
    I saw that commercial! hahaha
    There really is no official bbq season up here -its cold n rainy all year so we just go out and cook no matter what.
    I haven't been posting any pics though because we've been storing everything we need to keep dry under our covered area behind our house this Winter - its a bit embarrasing... kinda Clampett-esque if you know what I mean. Perhaps a bit more Sanford & Son :laugh:
    I am not sure..... yet...

Still working on it!!
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 6,746
    Glad all is well up North.
    Miss your wildlife photos...
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • we miss you kid!!!. . .sure hope we will see you in three weeks in waldorf!!!. ..i still have all the banana boats!!!!
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hi Melissa, well spring must be right around the corner :) great to see you back online! Julie
    Oooooh three weeks? crud.... I better get working on Brent!!

fish is going to be fun to find this time of year!
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,226
    I can wait.

Spring "Patience Is My Other Middle Name" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    So glad to hear you are out and about!
    Welcome back.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    nice to see you emerging from that rough Alaskan winter!
  • hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    The locals call it Waldork. If that helps at all..
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Hey Melissa,

Still have snow? I do.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Can't believe it..... Melissa just woke up this year.....just eat something decent not fishy OK???.......here you go your protein for the whole 2009 :woohoo: !!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN1510.jpg
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Good to hear from you! I thought maybe you were riding kodiaks bareback or something! Say hello to Brent, Cho and the kids!
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Melissa,
    I'm so glad to see you're back, you have been missed as you can tell by the replies. :) Keep us posted on the fishing, hope you have a good season.

Regards,
    Bordello