Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Brand New XL Firebox $75

ScubadogScubadog Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok here's the story.

Sold my XL which I had purchased new from a local dealer so I had a full warranty. When the buyer showed up to buy it after driving over 100 miles, we realized that the firebox had a crack in it. I felt bad after the guy drove so far so I figured the only honorable thing to do was to discount my asking price by the cost of a replacement so he could buy a replacement when he got back to home. I kept the cracked firebox and turned it in to the dealer for a new replacement.

So I now have a brand new, still in the box, XL firebox that sells for $170. I'm just North of Seattle and am hoping someone might want to come pick it up for $75. I really don't want to ship it cause it's heavy and I couldn't guarantee that it won't crack.

I know it's a longshot that someone without a warranty will want an XL firebox, but what the heck.