Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Dizzy Pig Rubs and Uses

EGC
EGC Posts: 448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to pull my first DP order together and looking for advice.

What's your favorite rub for:

Chicken, pieces or whole chicken
Wings
Fish
Veggies

Thanks!!

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    For chicken: Swamp Venom, Jamacian Firewalk either straight or cut with Dizzy Dust. Tsunami Spin.

Fish: Raging River

Veggies: Tsunami Spin
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Dizzy Dust is a great all purpose rub. Thirdeye's suggestions are solid for starters.
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    For sure be certain to include Swamp Venom in your order. I use it on vegetables of all types, as well as on shrimp. My first order from Dizzy Pig was for about six different rubs, but my Swamp Venom jar is almost empty, while the others are about 1/2 full. They are all good -- you won't regret whatever you order.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    On all things pork - Red Eye Express
    Fish & Seafood - Swamp Venom and Ragging River
    Beef - Raising the steaks
    Chicken - Tsunami Spin & Jamaican Firewalk
    Good luck! They're all good! ;)
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    If you pick out a few jars, but you're not completely sure about some of the others, you can order a sampler, which is a very generous amount of a variety of rubs.

DSC07340.jpg

With your order, I would suspect you would get a free taste of the new Pineapple Head fruit rub as well. The day I got mine, I tested some on orange slices that chased tequila. It was a nice spin on the usual training wheels. Heheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    This was tonights restocking order. I have a hard time picking a favorite.

2 x Shakin' The Tree (Rubs)
    1 x Dizzy's Red Eye Express (Rubs)
    1 x Dizzy Dust Regular Grind (Rubs)
    2 x Swamp Venom Deep South Hot Rub (Rubs)
    1 x Jamaican Firewalk Hot Island Rub (Rubs)
    1 x Raging River Salmon Rub (Rubs)
    1 x Tsunami Spin Poultry/Fish Rub (Rubs)
    3 x Cow Lick Steak Rub (Rubs)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    My favorite!! Can't beat that one, third eye. I used your idea at the Ocala eggfest after party and it was a hit. Just ask egret, dizzy pig could use him in an advertisemt for tequila shots with Pineapple head. It's amazing how much that guy can consume. I was literally shocked. Next year I'll have to double the amount of tequila I get if he's going to be there. :)
  • EGC
    EGC Posts: 448
    Thanks for all the help, everyone!!!!!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    hahahahaha.....you are way too funny, Anne!! :woohoo: Thanks to you and Del I don't remember going to bed!!! Don't even think about bringing tequila next year!!?? :laugh: :laugh: :blink: :blink: :woohoo:
  • Heh Egret, I thought you were drinking the single malt scotch I brought. I didn't know you were double dipping and doing shots of tequilla too!!!! That tekilla was great.