Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza screens revisited

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, my buddy who knows a guy who works for Pappa Johns snagged me a few of their pizza screens. I used them Friday night for two pizzas, and for the first time ever, I didn't burn the bottom! I was quite pleased. My setup was four firebricks in the |__| position, with grill grate then pizza stone then pizza screen then pizza. Cooked at 500 dome temp for 10 minutes. Wiped the stone down with a wet rag between pizzas. They turned out great. Thanks to whoever suggested using pizza screens![p]TRex

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    TRex,[p]I think that was my hubby, Mr.Hyde. He has been using screens ever since he threw pizzas in a shop many hears ago and swears by them.[p]QBabe
    :~)

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Well thanks to your hubby, then. They worked great.[p]TRex
  • Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    QBabe,[p]When using the screens, do you use the platesetter, stone, and screen all together? Or just the screen directly on the platesetter?
    One thing's for sure--it'd finally be easier to keep my pizza in the shape of a pizza rather than the strange shape it always seems to like flopping off my peel into.
    --Aron