Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

#%&! Squirrels

TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
edited 6:03AM in EggHead Forum
You think I'd learn they ate clear through it this time
IMG_0522-1.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a hose they won't eat? I have three huge oak trees and one decent sized chestnut in my yard plus a pond that they drink from.Ungrateful little buggers.

Our number one squirrel chaser is not doing a good enough job.
Ellie-1.jpg

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I feel your pain Every year I try to plant stuff and the little f******s munch and dig it up. I've been putting cayenne pepper around. Douse that hose with tabasco.
    I have a recipe for squirrel stew.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • GolfnutGolfnut Posts: 144
    Get one of these and you won't have a problem with squirrels anymore.
    P1010003.jpg
  • Tenn SmokerTenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Any hydrolics hose shop can make you one out of steel braiding.
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Sorry you have problems with yours. I kinda like mine. Cute little fellow isn't he.

DSC_0030_edited.jpg
    I see stew! :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    I have a "Westy" also and he don't chase nuttin either
    but we know when the mailman is on our porch :laugh:
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Buzzie the Jack Russel keeps the squirrels, turkeys, Chipmunks and in this case snakes away.
    Snaking.jpg
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 930
    I'm with you Mike...don't see many fox squirels around here for some reason. But when I do I enjoy. Only critters I eliminate are armadillos...they tear up the yard and dig holes big enuf to tear up an ankle. :evil:
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Alexander City,Al
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    Squirrels??? Wake us up when you see the deer!

DSCN0010.jpg
  • RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    hmmmm, squirrels make good eatin! Nothing better than squirrel stew. I've never done one on an egg. Gonna have to give it a try.
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    This works well with the problem...They were chewing on everything in our yard.
    Larry

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?productID=286
    Wow, that's a notch up from my Red Ryder bb gun.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Our Westie Ellie lives to chase squirrels but she doesn't stay outside all day.
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,443
    A while back I had a problem with them raiding the bird feeder, suet cakes, and all. With some crafty innovation I employed the use of an electric fence unit to solve the problem. One by one they came, and one by one they opted not to return. Made for some great entertainment! 8 - )
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Mine go crazy for deer also. This one goes absolutely nuts.

11-30-07006.jpg

When these are around

2deer3-1.jpg
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 816
    Get some rat traps, and use some peanut butter. I got six in two days after they chewed a hole in my roof to store nuts.