Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digicam dunked in marinade revived

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TsunamiSkewers.jpg
<p />Well, I bought my bro-in-law a new camera after dunking his in a bowl of marinade. Now I have my own little (too little) digital camera. After a week or so, the auto-lens-cap that was not opening due to the sticky marinade now opens up. And evrything else seems to work.....though it still smells like marinade.[p]I took a few pix of dinner tonight. Just some chicken breast strips marinated, rubbed, skewered and glazed. [p]I am now a digicam owner, and have the power...OH the power....of taking instant pix. Shaweeet!! A good ending to a horrible story. Lesson learned....use the wrist strap when you have big hands and a little camera.....especially when you are a klutz.[p]Life is good...and sometimes better than expected.
Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• BubbaGump
    BubbaGump Posts: 39
    Nature Boy,[p]Well, I'm certainly glad you got YOUR cam fixed. [p]Now, tell us the good stuff. How did ya marinate, what was your rub, and what was the glaze? I hope they were as good as they look. Obviously your skewerin' skills are better than your camera fumbling skills. HA~![p]Thanks!
    Buster

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    ChickMarinade.jpg
    <p />BubbaGump,
    LOL. Yeah, I am purty awkward with that camera. It is about as big as a deck of cards. I bet it won't be the last time I drop it. Hopefully next time it will choose a dry spot to fall on.[p]Yeah, they tasted purty good. I could be onto something. For the marinade I threw in some sesame seeds that I toasted, peanut oil, some fresh minced ginger, oyster sauce, a little fresh lime juice, turbinado sugar a little Tsunami. Marinated for about 90 minutes, then threaded onto the skewers. Shook on a light coating of Tsunami, and grilled about 7 or 8 minutes over an established medium-hot fire. [p]For the Qfan-inspired glaze, i sauteed some shallots and more fresh ginger in a little peanut oil, added a half cup of orange juice, and reduced to 1/4 cup, then mixed in a bunch of honey. Dats it! It was a lot of fun....plus I got to play with the camera!

Heee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Nature Boy,[p]Nice shot, mang. The chicken on those skewers look sweet![p]Something tells me that you and your deck of cards camera are going to raise the level of photography on this board up a full notch. [p]Would you have those ready for me tomorrow for lunch?[p]
  • BubbaGump
    BubbaGump Posts: 39
    Nature Boy,[p]How do you ever come up with this stuff. I don't even know what a shallot is or where I would find such a thing as turbinado sugar in the grocery. What's the diff in turbinado and regular sugar???[p]Thanks!
    Buster