Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ocala couldn't have been more fun!!

Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was soundly whupped by the infamous Egret in the chili throw down and, I guess, I couldn't have lost to a nicer gentleman.

I had a great time and I want to thank those 8 or 9 wonderful folks what voted for me. You have great taste.

Note to self: Next time be sure to spread a little $$$ around in advance. Learn from the best I always say. (example, my buddy Dean got a couple of the bucks being spread around and he deserted me and sent his vote to the winning chili! ;)

Comments

• Sundown, I liked both chili's. Both were very, very different and hard to compare. Beans - no beans, spicy -not spicy, it is just too subjective and depends on where you are from and the way your mom made it!

No, I didn't vote, I got sidetracked over to the Vidalia1 pizza table where after tasting it my son exclaimed "It's Waayy better than yours, mom"! So much for voting!!!

It was a valiant effort by you both.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    The pre-Ocala trash talking was very entertaining to say the least. Brought many of laughs and strange looks from the wife as I was reading the posts. Thank you for that!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Sundown, it was great to meet you. I particularly enjoyed your dance with Omba, that was some funny stuff, looking forward to seeing you at the next one
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Sundown dancing while people are taking photos of his twinkie?!?!

note to self: avoid Ocala!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I said before the fest, these would be hard to judge together. Both are great but very different - from the way I cooked them.

The fest looked like it was a lot of fun.

From the pictures it looks like egret had his own personal chili carrier. That will do it every time.

Thanks to all, for the fun here on the forum.

GG
  • loco_engr
    What did it say on the back of your PETA T-Shirt?!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Cary, you just have to learn how to "cook". -RP

P1020828Small.jpg
    P1020847Small.jpg
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    "There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes" :laugh: :laugh:
    I loved that one too
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • loco_engr
    :laugh: :laugh:

That's a classic!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    I'm getting it. John has a lot of money to spread around what with owning a huge winery out in the Napa Valley! I'm just not rich enough to compete with him. ;)

Did get some really nice compliments though on how the chili had a 'zing' and flavor.

Isn't a picture worth a thousand words? Thanks Randy I'll study them carefully for next time. :whistle: