Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

burnt ends

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made some burnt ends yesterday. Got the recipe from Dr. BBQ's book. second time I've done it. Came out pretty good may have to burn em' a little more next time though.
BurntEnd1.jpg
Burntend2.jpg

Comments

• SoDakEgger
    SoDakEgger Posts: 122
    Options
    Burnt ends are the best. I have only made one brisket so far, but when I did, I made sure to separate the point and toss it back on for a couple more hours of cooking to get it good and done. Then I wrapped it in foil and tossed it in the fridge.

The next day, I cut it into chunks and tossed those in a baking dish with some BBQ sauce and let them heat up in the oven. (Yeah the oven. I was at a friend's house and we were canning tomatoes, so the Egg wasn't available for the reheat.) The burnt ends made for one mean sandwich. It would be nice to have enough of them around to flavor baked beans, but they are just too good.

Hmmmmm. I might have to get a brisket going this weekend.