Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

JJ, Spin Question????

KamperKamper Posts: 41
edited 1:11AM in EggHead Forum
Didn't one of you guys mention using left over gasket material to tighten up the daisy wheel fit to the lid a while back?? I was sitting on my patio contemplating my egg whilst sipping a cool barley pop and thought that might be a good way to keep the top a little more secure, but still easily removable. I have a good crud and funk buildup that tends to hold things in place (kinda) but was wondering if you guys had made any mods... Any thoughts?[p]Thanks, Kamper
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Kamper,[p]No mods needed for your medium. BGE uses a gasket on the daisey wheel for the small EGG. Mine is gone and it still cooks like a champ. The bottom vent is the most important opening as it controls the oxygen available to the fire.[p]Spin

·
  • KamperKamper Posts: 41
    Spin,[p]Danke! It's time for my annual daisy degreasing evolution anyway. Was just toying with some ideas...

·