Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shrimp Eggsperiment...

BasscatBasscat Posts: 802
edited 4:53PM in EggHead Forum
Two words: PineappleHead - Shrimp
Well, maybe that's three, and sorry, no pics (they looked like shrimp on the Mini). Mixed some olive oil, fresh ground black pepper and Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head and tossed some wild Gulf shrimp in to marinate for a half hour or so, and grilled them for a few minutes on a 400 degree Mini until they looked done. Really neat flavor! Might not be for everyone, but try it on a few next time you do shrimp if you have your Pineapple Head sample. Spicy shrimp candy. I'm thinking a Pineapple Head pork eggsperiment in a couple of weeks.....

Comments

• JPFJPF Posts: 592
    Just to let you know DPPHR :woohoo: (dizzy pig pineapple head rub) is great on pork. I mixed some jamaican firewalk and dpph on pork and chicken and it is good. ;) :silly:
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 802
    The way the flavors kind of "melted" into the shrimp, I am anxious try it with pork. Be a couple weeks before I get a chance to cook again, unfortunately... :(