Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After Ocala: Tale and Quotes

Options
omba
omba Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Folks,

For just over 2 years now I have created a bond of sorts with my large BGE. And if you recall, it recently became a wise decision to add the small to my home cooking theater. That decision was met with something less than excitement by my wife Pam, but she went along with the idea as I explained the advantages of having two different eggs out back. It was no easy task to cross that bridge, but the new small brother has arrived safely at home to join his big brother.

adoption.jpg

Now this is where the strangest thing has happened …
We came home from the Florida Eggfest last night and Pam (the real boss) says to me, “I think we should get another large egg. We can use it or baking.”
“What!?!? Are you serious?”
“Yes. I especially liked that chocolate stuff that Jay made, and I loved the cinnamon rolls that Julie did.”
“Well …”
“And look! There’s space in the middle of that table.”

What surprised me so much about this is that I was raked over the (lump) coals when I decided that we “needed” a small to keep our large company. Pam does NOT cook in our house. Pam thinks that the egg is a puzzling amusement of mine, but she does enjoy the results.
Now she’s thinking that a “baking large egg” would be a great addition! This DEFINITELY has something to do with conversations at the Eggfest that she had with Julie, Jay, and Little Steven. I am sure of it. All I could say was “Go ahead. Twist my arm!” Maybe our next fest will be good cause for another adoption?

Back to Ocala and speaking of some quotes …
Things that were overheard at the Eggfest:

1. “You’re a hottie!”
2. “I’ve got eight eggs.”
3. “Is anyone using that egg?”
4. “I run it like a dictator.”
5. “He’s old and doesn’t have much time left. I had to let him win.”
6. “I admire your work.”
7. “Did you taste that …?”
8. “Want a beer?”
9. “This group is unique. We like to help each other.”
10. “Are you going to Atlanta?

And speaking of Ocala, I owe a great deal to ZippyLip.
While waiting about 2 hours for my egg to cool (and not getting there very fast), he pointed out that I needed to remove the lump first. Duh!

Later,
Peter

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Ha! Just great!
    Maybe next year.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Peter, when I first saw one of your posts, I thought you were a little nutty, after meeting you, I now appreciate the fact you're a lot nutty, but of course in a good way :laugh: - I was a little concerned for your safety after you were assaulted by that seemingly kindly older gentleman while you were trying to help him with his pizza dough issues :ohmy: , but upon further reflection, I think you both enjoyed it :P
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Peter,

Nice surprise!!!

Loved the quotes, made me laugh expecially zippy's coment.

Glad you had fun.

GG
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Pete, It was great meeting you. You are just twisted enough to fit in perfectly with our group. You kept me laughing all day! It was great cooking with you!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL you can thank me with a stick of that chicken you did! oh god that was good. Neil is still having fits that I will not let him strap up with his burner. people in the park think we are off the wall enough with out adding that to our list of "sins"
    CopyofPicture917.jpg
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I absolutely love that set up. Pure egghead indeed.

Not quite sure why the life jacket other than padding but what the heck. If someone is brave enough to wear a propane tank with a flame thrower who cares about a little old life jacket.

This has got to be the #1 picture of the fest.

BTW who is wearing the getup?

GG
  • Big'un
    Options
    Fashion sense,of course!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Of course. My wife laughed when she saw the picture. Asked me what is it with men and torches?

Just said it is a guy thing.

Kent
  • Big'un
    Options
    It is a guy thing, but what makes it better is that Peter is such a passionate guy about living life. He'll make you smile just being around him and his antics. Great Guy!
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    in Ocala. Chris couldn't get over that contraption of yours and you saw how he almost blew-up the pavilion. :laugh: I won't be getting one of those.
    Seriously, great times with you and hope to see you in ATL- a PERFECT place to a acquire your upcoming LBGE.