Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ABT's and Fatties

MattMatt Posts: 143
edited 2:33AM in EggHead Forum
Hi, Gang --

Been pretty slack with the Egg this winter....but, I am pulling it out to do ABT's and a fatty today. I'm bringing the chow to a friend's house to watch some basketball later. So, I am a little rusty -- let's talk about time and temperature. If I recall, I typically cook fatties and ABT's around 250-275 dome. At this temp, how long will it take everything to cook? I am interested in pulling everything off at about the same time.

Thanks.

Matt

Comments

• JPFJPF Posts: 591
    I did these I think around 300F indirect, can't recall the time but I would guess a 1.5 to 2 hours. The abt's will be fine going a little longer to wait for the fattie to get ready.
    010109041.jpg
    010109039.jpg
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    Thanks -- is your setup inverted plate setter with drip pan? That's my standard.

Matt
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    Anybody else have a data point or two for me...?

Matt
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    That's how I do it Matt.Inverted platesetter,drip pan,indirect 300 dome.usually 1.5 hrs maybe a little longer depending on the size of the fattie.Hope it helps. :)
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    yep sometimes I just make a drip pan out of heavy duty foil