Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Italian Disaster

Options
Tenn Smoker
Tenn Smoker Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had BGE for two weeks now and started low and slow cooking ribs, chicken, tenderloin etc. So today we decided to try some italian sausage. It burned faster than I could cook it, direct heat about 350. We bought 2 of the half moon griddles, which by the way you can only use one at a time, when we purchased the egg, these are great for bisquits and veggies. Soooo I had a few sasuages left over and thought I would throw them on the griddle and I couldn't have been more pleased with the way they turned out, huge difference.

Has anyone else used the 1/2 moon griddles.

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC03382a.jpg

You can cook them with the grate in the regular position, just build a small fire and keep the temp around 275°. Links are easier to control if you can raise the grate up to the level of the felt. Once they plump, watch the fire and pit temp....you may even need to close down the lower vent a bit. You really don't want them to be hot enough to spit juice, and never hot enough to split.

DSC01894a.jpg

I have a square griddle and use it often...

DSC06608JPGathrowdown.jpg

Don't forget bulk sausage....I like sausage sandwiches, this is some of my homemade hot Italian.

DSC07374a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Tenn Smoker
    Tenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Options
    Your suggestion was the conclusion I came to. I did use a little more lump than usual only because I finished up the bag. Very good looking grub, I like the fries.
    Thanks