Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonights cook

Harleydog77Harleydog77 Posts: 217
edited 12:25PM in EggHead Forum
Pretty good results tonight. I made some bone in pork chops (not as thick as I generally like them). I also made some roma tomatoes stuffed with fresh mozzarella and herbs on the egg. Those were the high point of the meal.

DSCF1098.jpg

Comments

• TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Those look pretty good except for the trees. Although the trees look really nice on your plate.
  • Harleydog77Harleydog77 Posts: 217
    I take it you are not a broccoli fan. Oh well...to each his own. :) :) :)
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    That looks great.

What spices did you put on the tomato? I'll have to try some tomatos like that - I love cooked tomatos and cheese.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Nice looking meal! Are sear marks from a CI grid?
    It was pretty simple. Kosher salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. I kept them upright on the egg inside of some 2" long pieces of stainless steel pipe that I keep around just for use in my egg. They come in very handy.
    Yes the sear marks are from a cast iron grate. I really like the C.I. grate a lot. I use it much more than my original one.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Nice cook, HD!