Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

preaching to the crowd in Peoria, IL

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This may be preaching to the crowd by posting on this board, but the first BGE cookoff with prizes in Peoria, IL will be this Saturday, June 7th. There will be a BGE given as a door prize and the dealer is knocking 20% off the units used for the first time that day. Drive a little & Save a lot!!! The dealer is Hearth & Patio, 8300 N University 309-691-5959
...and no, I have nothing personal to gain from this post! I just want to meet fellow eggers and help any want-to-bes!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    RRP, ready to rock n roll! i'll be there early 'cause if i'm driving all that way, i gotta get my bbq freak ON baby, yeah! EGGS for breakfast!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RRP, if I could be there, I would - it should be lots of fun - hope you all have a great day :~}

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Gfw, I wanting to purchase a medium (which I know you use). How many slabs of babybacks, beer butt chickens, and or other types of meat can you get on the EGG? The size would be perfect for the Kansas Speedway or the KC Chiefs.[p]CWM
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    MyBge_small.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike, I'd love to give you a really great answer, but... 98% of the time, it's just me and my friend (and wife of 34 years) that enjoy the taste. As of late, no BBQ on weekends, just city life in Chicago - really love the area. [p]For the details... gthe medium is nly 3 inches less in diameter than the large - I usually just pile it on! Have a really reat evening :~|

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Gfw, Well, I'll just keep visiting your site. Man, only 15 years here for my wife and friend.
    You are doing something right.[p]
    CWM

• maddaug
    maddaug Posts: 56
    Options
    RRP,
    We'll be there. Just went out and bought the shrimp. We should be there around 11am.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    maddaug,
    That's Great! I've also heard from Porkchop via email and he said since he is driving clear over from Rantoul that he plans to make a day of it and will be egging his breakfast by 7:00 A.M.
    I hope the owner is set up for early diners!!!
    I'm cooking with a buddy who pre-purchased his large. See you two (let alone meet you two for the first time ever) on Saturday!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Porkchop,[p]I'll be up bright and early with ya. Is it possible to make coffee on an egg?[p]-Wes

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Wess-
    if i had to wait til then for coffee you would see "morning of the Q'ing dead" on your front porch. gonna make an overnight breakfast casserole (low carb, natch) to stick in the egg once we get her going. coffee will be in my thermos bottle, courtesy of whatever gas station i stop at on my way in for a refill![p]my dry run on the wings was very good, and has me thinking of some other tweaks i'll try tomorrow!