When I got my first egg it took me a while to find all the ‘stuff’ discussed here on the forum. What follows below are links to some of the sites with great information, recipes and goodies/accessories.
By all means the references below are not complete. It is a good start and in no particular order. The following focuses on BGE Products and accessories, tools made by Forum Members. With that in mind if you come upon a site that should be included let me know.
Each of the following sites have great recipes and information. Some suggestions are provided, however, each site has much more to offer – recipes, tips, how too, tools. Take the time to visit and explore the sites below.
Please copy this and email it to yourself for future reference or Bookmark this post.
- The Mother Ship (BGE Headquarters) - www.biggreenegg.com
- New information from the Mother Ship - http://www.biggreenegg.com/whatsnew.html
- BGE Components (what’s everything in & on the egg called) - http://www.biggreenegg.com/components.html
- Recipes, a lot of recipes are posted right on the forum as well as boiling point calculator – Use the Cookbook drop down on the egghead forum
- BGE HQ Recipes - http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes.html
- Boiling Point Calculator (Forum) - http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=88
- Paper Towel & Oil to light the lump - http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=609698&catid=1
- The Naked Whiz site (TNW) has a huge amount of information to help the Big Green Egg user. Please take time to visit and read the articles. Many of your questions and techniques are described in detail. TNW faq’s - http://nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm
make sure you visit the Front door to the TNW site - http://nakedwhiz.com
- What can I cook on an egg or not sure what I want to cook don’t miss “BBQ Porn” (this one completely ‘G’ rated). Rick has gone to great lengths at Ricks Tropical Delight - http://www.rickstropicaldelight.com/
Then click on the BBQ Porn link – you won’t want to miss this.
- Thirdeye hosts Playing With Fire and Smoke - http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com
- A lot of great experience to be found here. Pastrami, Prime Rib & Buckboard Bacon are a few of the easy and shouldn’t be left out to do cooks.
- Trex, great steaks but watch those gaskets - http://www.houseoffaulkner.com/BGE.html
(House of Faulkner) Trex-ing also available from The Naked Whiz Site
- Wess B many recipes - http://www.wessb.com
- Celtic Spirit BBQ, Celtic Wolf’ Pulled Pork how to - http://www.celticspiritbbq.com/howtos.html
- Eggnerd’s BGE Page - http://philcase.com/bge
- Mmmm Goood - North Carolina Style Pulled Pork — Elder Ward http://www.nakedwhiz.com/elder.htm
- Mad Max’s Turkey & Gravy - http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm
via The Naked Whiz Site
- GFW’s BBQ – http://bbq.yyyz.net/default.asp
- Qbabe’s BBQ Adventure - http://www.phhp.ufl.edu/~tlambert/recipes-page.htm
Dealers with instructions and recipes – Some of these sites have great recipes & How Too’s also:
- Grill Mates (Chubby Special) for the small egg - http://www.gratemates.com/
More details via TNW site more pictures - http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/gratemates/gratemates.htm
- Big’un Carnivore BBQ Sauce - http://www.carnivorebbq.com
- Ceramic Grills Store - http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/
The Adjustable Rig & Spider are both great products.
- Dizzy Pig Rubs (DP) real good flavor - http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipes.html
- Fred’s Music and BBQ - - http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/230.htm
- Lawn Ranger - http://www.lawnrangerbbq.com/
- Playing With Fire & Smoke (Thirdeye) scroll down the page a little - http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/10/thirdhand-grate-lifting-hanging-tool.html
Appears to be partially Egg related – all recipes will work on the egg, for that matter most any recipe will work on the egg:
- Tim M’s - http://www.tm52.com/bge/
- Dalton Grill & Smoke - http://daltongrillandsmoke.com/CateRecipeListing.asp?logo=gold