Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For fun - how much do you like your egg?

Options
Chef Amy
Chef Amy Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My husband and I are new egg owners. I realized (after eating the smoked ham over the weekend) that if my husband and I ever divorced, the BGE would be the one item that we would have the biggest custody battle over. What a great toy![p]How much do you like you egg, and who would win the custody battle?

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    ChefAmy,[p]We now have 3 cookers...I would get the large and small and Mr. Hyde would get the other one.[p]QBabe
    :~)

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    ChefAmy,
    I would get the large, hubby would get the small. I would give him vistiation rights at least once a month though. [p]~nikki

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    ok, untie mr hyde and let him out of the closet. . .i want to hear his opinion. . .. ;-)

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    ChefAmy,
    I'd get the large and the small; Jim would get a speed dial button for Pizza Hut. This won't happen, though!
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    ChefAmy,
    Oooh..I love my green egg..sometimes late at night, I'll creep out there on my screened in porch, and gently ... quietly..sit on it..in the hopes of hatching a mini egg. It hasn't happened yet...but a man can dream. My only words of advice are...[p]a) not to let your better half see this happening, I still get the weirdest looks from her..even after some lengthy explanations[p]b) never...ever...do this while the egg is still warm. I assume you've heard of Mickey T's famous smoke rings ...let's just say, I got my own smoke ring..but that's a painful memory my friend..and it's better left alone.....why ...all the therapy alone was bad
    enough..but I still get flashbacks of that most painful mid-summers eve..and I'm sure my picture still hangs on the wall of shame down at the local hospital...eeehh...gads what a cruel world..[p]But if'n there ever was a divorce..and let's all hope there ain't..cause I'm not sure the world needs a single StumpBaby....well...I can see myself..pushing my egg down the side of the road in a rusty old shopping cart..all my other worldly posessions tucked inside a crusty ol glad bag hangin off of one side..and a sign on my back that reads...will work for meat....[p]Ahhh...the life of a Stump...[p]StumpBaby

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    ChefAmy,
    LOL Been there... When my wife left she even took the lawnmower... But both Eggs stayed where they belong - on my deck![p]Ken

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]When you have been married as long as we have, there is no way either one of us is going to let the other off the hook. We also don't have enough time left on Earth to try to divide the toys, just listing them on a piece of paper would take us into retirement.
    [/b]