Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Additional Setups for Mini Egg "Hearth Environment"

PujPuj Posts: 615
edited 12:41AM in EggHead Forum
<p />All,[p]Chef Arnoldi's plate setter for the mini is a piece of art - way to go Mike! In addition to a plate setter, however, there are other options available to create a "hearth environment" for the mini egg.[p]Go to the Mini Egg Setup section of the linked page to view the use of kiln shelves and posts.[p]Puj
[ul][li]"Hearth Environment" setup for the mini[/ul]

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I see in your photos of the mini that you took one of those chromed steel carts and cut a hole in the top shelf? I am thinking of doing something similar for my small. Sam's sells a $45 cart on casters that looks perfect for the job. Did you treat the cut ends in some way to prevent rust?

The Naked Whiz
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Nope, it's just a Black Metro Shelf/Cart. I place a Large BGE cover over the cart when not in use.[p]I should probably treat the cuts, just haven't done so. [p]Puj

• Chef ArnoldiChef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Puj, that is some interesting ideas that you have- thanks for sharing.

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    Chef Arnoldi,[p]Glad to read that you're enjoying the mini.[p]Puj