Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roast Lemon, Thyme, Rosemary Chicken

BuBaQlishus
BuBaQlishus Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[img size=150][/img]DSC01959.jpgDSC01960.jpg
DSC01961.jpgDSC01962.jpgDSC01964.jpgDSC01965.jpgDSC01966.jpg

None of my labels/titles came out with the pic's...oh well..the risotto jennifer(wife) made was really good had a little jalepeno for some heat a really good dish the gang liked it to...Rufus and Roxie :woohoo:

Comments

• rockytopsc
    rockytopsc Posts: 856
    Bubaqlishus
    Great looking cook!!! & Pups look good also.
    Jason
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Nice, hey I like that butcher block. ;)
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    The chicken has me drooling.

Any chance Jennifer would share the risotto recipe? It looks wonderful!
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • MMMaaarrrvvveeelllooouuusss :) best herb combo on Earth--but where is is garlic :ohmy:
  • BuBaQlishus
    evry so often I go without for a lighter taste to let the other spices/herbs come thru...and this turned out great, especially with the thyme sprigs under the breast skin and the apple juice injections...
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    How about a more detailed recipe?

Promise not to tell!!! :whistle:
  • BuBaQlishus
    Ok here we go....take a mortice bowel, chop up some parsley, just the tips, zest of 1/2 a lemon, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, take 3-4 sprigs of Thyme and run fingers down stem taking off leaves, same with 1 big sprig Rosemary add EVOO litle at first and start grinding add more EVOO till well mixed in smooth paste can be a little wet you just don't want it swimming...take chiken and cut 1/2 lemon into 1/4's with 1/2 a lrge red onion done the same stuff into chicken and tie leggs. take 2 sprigs of thyme and slip under skin of each breast. Take apple juice in a syringe and inject in breast/thigh, etc....take left over thyme several sprigs and one of rosemary and put in a drip pan with Roasting rack on top with apple juice not much and a can of beer add about 1/2 to start then check into cooking and add more...great reduction for sauce/juice over the chicken..but keeps it real moist. I took 2 large red onions and speared then through with wooden skewers about 2' a part and then sliced between skewers so sections would stay together s&P or seasoning you prefer and put them around the chicken in pan...cooked indirect at around 350-400...

Saw you like to Duck hunt on your profile..so do I with my lab Roxie and some upland as well..partridge..good luck and let me know how it goes :woohoo:
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Thanks. Will put that on my "To do" cook list.

Love to duck hunt - this year was not as good as last year - too much rain after Christmas that scattered the ducks all over the Mississippi Delta.

I have never been upland hunting (Pheasant, grouse, partridge, etc.), but many friends have been. That and salmon fishing in Alaska are on my outdoors "bucket list". Also, I keep talking about arranging a "Flyway Hunt" where we hunt a different weekend in a different state, following the ducks down the flyway.