Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtober Fest Agenda

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife, Judy, is starting to get excited about coming to the Eggtober Fest and has started asking questions that I can't answer. Like:
1. When does everyone start arriving?
2. Where does everyone stay?
3. What does everyone bring?
4. What does everyone wear?
5. What does everyone do?
6. When does everyone leave?[p]She likes to plan every detail. I tend to wait 'til the last minute and wing it. It usually works out better to go with her plan.[p]All I could tell her is that from the posts and the pictures, EVERYONE has a great time every year. [p]I would appreciate hearing from those who have been there so I can pass it on to her.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    1) Many folks start arriving early on friday, and you can't help but see some familiar faces while checking in, or getting stuff from your car. Some folks get there later friday. And many of the hundreds of people (mostly locals) just attend the fest on saturday. The parties begin pretty much when YOU get there![p]2) When the Eggtoberfest is officially announced, a hotel will also be announced....where roooms have been blocked off. Get your reservations in soon after hearing the hotel announcement.[p]3) Bring what you want to cook, and the marinades/sauces/rubs that you plan on using. Plus knives, cutting boards, tongs, gloves, tools, and all the stuff you need to prep your food. Folks who are flying usually visit the local grocers/butchers to buy their food. While people who drive are usually toting a cooler with the goodies. Charcoal and firestarters are usually supplied in quantity.[p]4) Wear comfortable clothes! Be prepared for all kinds of weather. I can picture you, for some reason, in that cool American Flag shirt![p]5) Party. Eat. Drink. Socialize. Party.[p]6) Most folks hit the road after breakfast, and sometimes there is a "brunch" on sunday that folks hang out for.[p]Hope to see you there!!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Spring Chicken, NatureBoy did a rather complete job with the details but I will add that the event is held at the 57th Fighter Group Restaurant on Clairmont Road in Chamblee GA (which is part of Atlanta). If you want to get a head start, you can do a search for hotels nearby and book your room now. The general area is not too far away from that area of Atlanta called Buckhead which has shopping and entertainment. However, Friday night, all day Saturday and SAturday night you will have entertainment enough from the EGGtoberfest. However, if you want to bring the wife in early to spend a little in our local malls (Lenox and Phipps are two of the biggest), we Atlanta taxpayers would be appreciative. Hope to see you there.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Wise One,
    Good ideas. Nice to hear tips from those who live in the area.[p]I forgot to mention, if you forget something, it is usually no big deal. It is likely someone else will have what you need. [p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    The Motel that most of us have stayed at the last few years is Homestead Village.It's only a couple of miles from BGE headquaters and the 57th Fighter squadron.
    Larry

[ul][li]Last Years Eggtoberfest[/ul]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Thanks guys. Now I have to decide whether to drive (800 miles one way) or fly (756 miles one way). If I drive I can take advantage of some good deals on Eggs and Accessories. But then I would have to pay for two more nights of hotels, meals, etc. Like Vinny Barbarino would say, "I'm so confused."[p]Thanks again. See y'all there.[p]Spring (Atlanta Bound) Chicken