Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wine tenderloin!

Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited 5:41AM in EggHead Forum
winetenderloindone.jpg
<p />I had mixed results with this cook. I like my beef medium, wife and all guests like done so that was how I cooked the tenderloin. The flavor of the wine and onions was not real strong but present. The sliced portabellos where great, just not enough of them. Cowlick rub was just the right rub for us. In the end, 8 people consumed 2 slabs of babybacks and a 3 lb. Beef Tenderloin, with very few left overs.
Have a little bit of work put this will be a keeper.
I didn't post the STEAK BUTTER SAUCE but it was fantasatic on the sliced meat.[p]STEAK BUTTER SAUCE
Saute 1 small onion until tender-add Jack Daniels and BBQ sauce, about a 5-1 mixture and mix in about 1/2 to 3/4 lb. butter. After melting stir for a few minutes let set to solidify a little and serve semi warm with tenderloin.[p]My friend gave me this base recipe, if anyone has ever seen this I'd like to know about variations.[p]CWM

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Car Wash Mike,
    MY BAD 1-5 mixture or everybody thinks it is real good.[p]CWM

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,178
    Car Wash Mike, guess I'm going to be the first to step up and ask it...why can't I ever see any picture you post? The message is always there, but where I assume is supposed to be a picture is merely a small square, with what appears to be the bottom right hand corner torn off.[p]
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time!

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    RRP,
    I can see his photo, so there must be some setting in your browser that is causing you trouble. But I'll be danged if I know what it could be. You see photos from other posters, ok?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    RRP,
    You don't have any sort of firewall, virus or spam thingy turned on that blocks access to things on AOL do you? Try this link and see if you see his photo:[p][li]CWM's Photo[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    singleslab.jpg
    <p />RRP,
    I thought I was doing everything correctly. I was told, if came up on your broswer, you were okay. Sorry for any inconvinence.
    Did this pic come up?[p]CWM

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,178
    Car Wash Mike, nope, still no see...

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time!

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,439
    singleslab.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    For some reason your urls come up with a colon after "com"
    http://www.members.aol.com:/mjmckernan/images/singleslab.jpg
    Instead of
    http://www.members.aol.com/mjmckernan/images/singleslab.jpg[p]Not sure why. Anyways, without the colon it works.
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings