Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ping Max

SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
edited 9:39AM in EggHead Forum
Hey Max....Is Sydney in line with school and the time she is missing? Send me an email if you need any help in this area.

-Kevin

Comments

• kevin,

the folks at hofstra have been fantastic. .. yesterday the director of res life, along with the RD of her dorm came to the hospital to 1. check on how sydney is doing, and 2. ask what they could do to help. .. the director of res life assured me that he would be in contact with all of sydney's professors to keep them apprised of her status.. .. apparently her room deposit for next year is due by monday, and when i talked to him about this his response was "don't worry about it, i'll make sure she is in the system properly, and you can take care when she is out of the hospital". .. so he has been great!!. ..

and when i get a chance we'll have a long discussion about how her RA performed and saved sydney's life and the debt of gratitude (boy is THAT the understatement of the year!!!) we owe to that girl... .i made sure that the dir. res. life understood how well she performed and that she needs to be recognized ... again, i'll give you a call in a few days to go over all the details with you. ... probably a good 'case study' for you to use. .. .

thanks for the offer though ... if i think of something or have any issues, i'll be sure to reach out. ..but so far i've been really impressed with the hofstra response. ..
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    That is what I like to hear! We are all in this field for a reason, actually just got back from the hospital myself tonight checking on a student and talking with their parents on the phone. I know that sometimes it is difficult to deal with colleges and universities due to all of our policies and it is good to hear of the schools that do go out of their way. RA's in my opinion the most under recognized, undercompensated group of student workers on any campus yet it never surprises me what they can do! Sounds like Sydney has herself a good one! If you need anything, let me know.

-Kevin