Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Dinner

Options
Aron
Aron Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
steaks.jpg
<p />Here's a 1.75 lb porterhouse on the left, and a 1.25 lb ribeye on the right both cooked the t-rex method. The porterhouse needed an extra 2 minutes at 400 per side once I pulled the ribeye, since it was much thicker. These steaks, plus the sides fed three and we were quite happy afterwards.

Comments

• Aron
    Options
    dinner.jpg
    <p />Aron,
    Here are the sides:
    A salad, spinach, potatoes with cherry tomatoes, and a strawberry parfait for dessert.
    Oh, and the steaks were cut in thirds, so everyone got some filet, ribeye, and ny strip on their plate.
    Ok, getting hungry again.
    --Aron

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Aron,
    Your photo suffers from camera shake. Man, I know what it's like. You are trembling in anticipation of the joy you are about to experience and you can't hold the camera still! :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Aron
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    That and it's only my 3rd day with the camera. I'm still getting used to the way a digital camera takes a longer time once the button is pressed to take the picture than a regular camera. I seem to be fine taking pictures when pointing straight ahead of me, but when I have to point down at a table, my hands must not be steady for some reason. I'd have retaken it had I realized it was blurry, but it looked fine on the LCD screen. Then I eat the steaks and realize the picture is a little blurry, when fully sized, but the steaks were all gone. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to make them again. And what's worse is that I'll have to eat them too. What a sacrifice.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Aron,
    It doesn't look like you used the flash. If not, then use it indoors and that will solve any camera shake. Or use a tripod. (Honey, we'll eat these lovely steaks as soon as I get the tripod level and I adjust the settings on this new camera, and oh damn, the flash didn't go off.... but just one more shot, dear, for the boys on the forum....divorce?)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz