Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need help with cooking time and for a GBM of a ribeye roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all! I am a devoted fan of the EGG so much that I have 4 friends that have bought eggs as well. I am embarrased to say that I have not attempted to do a Rib Eye Roast. Well I have folks, inlaws outlaws and a couple of friends comming over tomorrow and want a Ribeye on the EGG. Any suggestions for cooking times and temps for a 10 +- lb roast? thanks for your help as This may push the 5th convert to the EGG!

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Ron Brennan,
    Couple of quick questions: boneless or bone-in? Do you have a polder-type thermometer?
    When I do one, I typically season it simply...salt/pepper/onion and garlic powder. To me, I want the flavor of this meat to come thru more than a rub/I do mine indirect at 350*. Figure on 25 mins per pound roughly. Use your thermometer as your guide. Hope that helps. Let us know the results.