Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Found Sump'n

Gandolf
Gandolf Posts: 906
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was in Southern States yesterday getting bird seed. Looking around 'cause that's what you're supposed to do and found a gell fire starter made by Rutlnd. It's called "One Match." I got one to try, but haven't used it yet. Anyone used this? May be a replacement for Green Heat. I liked that stuff. I'll let you know how it works out.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Rutland's One Match gelled fire starter has been around for a long time. Like they say it's safe, odor free and smokeless. BTW it's sold in 8oz, pint and quart sizes.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Thanks, I didn't know about it. Must not be a good substitute for Green Heat, or would be talked about more. I'm going to try it though. Thanks again.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    gelled alcohol is gelled alcohol. Even the label on the Rutland One Match reads Does Not Flavor Food. I think only a small population was aware of Green Heat before it went out of business. OTOH I still have one liter of Green Heat left, but will only use it in dead of darkness since I can barely see the flames in daylight. I nearly got a nasty burn one day.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.