Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

cold weather eggin

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 2:42PM in EggHead Forum
wind chill about zero not near as cold as my northern friends

march022.jpg

march.jpg

march010.jpg

march012.jpg

march013.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,672
    BRRRRR. I feel for ya. Were in the middle of a cold snap now, I even had to grab a sweatshirt :whistle: :blush:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Gosh bill.... I´m shivering........suppose the only good thing about a freeze like that is to sleep nice & warm at night..... I know is near your crash time......so buenas noches mi amigo!!
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    HOLY CRAP! I didn't even have that much snow on MY egg! Although the temp last night was right with yours. There's just something about cold weather eggin'. The food tastes better because you suffered for it, and everyone around the table is thankful you sacrficed your warm fingertips and toes so they could have a good meal.
  • Hsbldr1Hsbldr1 Posts: 225
    One of your pics looks like you have a popane bottle hooked up to your egg. :ohmy: Caught myself laughing at my own thought.."That could be Tim the Tool Man Taylors' back deck. Anyways it was funnier before I wrote it. :whistle: :lol:
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    and i have levi's on onder the carharts
    you are right good night time for me to crash
    bill
    pics of the good meal

march015.jpg

march020.jpg

march021.jpg
    march.jpg

right in front of the chimnea is a single burner propane stove from cabelas 56000 btu's cept it is covered with snow ...
    between the bb gun and the weed burner i do have a bit of a tool man reputation ....setting the neighbors curbs on fire cause he did not mow or kill the weeds did not help me cause :evil:
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Dang,
    No thanks. It's about 7:40 P.M. and the weather is about 75. Were going to a cold snap, will only be in the low seventies (day time) later this week.

There is a reason we live in Arizona. :) :silly: :laugh:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    bill the food looks good, the weather terrible BUT shouldn't you be in bed for a gum surgery tomorrow or something?! :laugh:
  • What a trip the weather has been this year - we're in the Rocky Mountains at 8300 feet and it was 58 degrees today! :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: I spent several hours plowing slush and water - and here it is snowing in the south. :whistle: :whistle:

Patty
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Cold weather egging is just no fun!! Can't wait till summer, sitting on the deck and sipping an ice cold margarita.
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Yo bill-
    Sure you're catching some Zzzzs right now. I had pork butts on the egg tonight. Just waiting to pull them so I can hit the sack. (Next time I'll get home from the office earlier :angry: )
    Brian
  • CraigCraig Posts: 69
    I give you credit. I don't touch my EGG all winter. It's too much of a hastle. I'll do a pork roast on it for Christmast dinner, and then I'm pretty much done until April.
    we have a cold snap here too bout 20 degrees below average.. wind chill is zero this morning.. snow is done back to work today
    late start today 8 instead of 7 so i go to stay up an extra hour :laugh:
    58 in the rockies and the high in the phila. burbs will be 25 today seems a bit backwards ... i should be outside looking at my daffodils starting to pop thru the ground instead of slipping on the ice
    me too cannot wait to be in shorts and flip flops
    guess you did not get a 'snow day' bummer..not only did i have the day off but i got two bottles of wine for cleaning the neighbors walk :laugh:
    not me , would feel to guilty abandining the egg just cause it was cold .
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,743
    bill,

I have always found it funny how hot an egg can be on the inside and still have a pile of snow on it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

i have been meaning to get a pic of just that for the invetable "can i use the egg in the cold weather posts' picture =1000 words thing. off to fire up the mini