Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Grease Stains

Options
CITYSWINE
CITYSWINE Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have any tips for getting grease stains out from pavers or cement around your cooking area?

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I have used that spray called "Gunk" that is made to degrease an engine to get an oil stain off of concrete. My guess is that it would work well on food grease. Spray it on, wait about 15 minutes, scrub and rinse off.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Try TSP (tri sodium phosphate) found in most grocery stores. Bad thing is pavers are very porous so oils will soak in deep and odds are slim of getting the stains out. Good luck.
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    When you find what works, let me know and when you find how to prevent it from happening, let me know.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I have not actually used this product yet, but will be sealing the paver sidewalks I put in last year:

http://www.techniseal.com/products.php?Id=1&region_Id=1&langue_Id=1

Are the pavers sealed?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • CITYSWINE
    Options
    no not sealed, we just put them in this past fall.
    What i need to do is build myself a table. The stains are from moving things between the 'shelves' of my gasser and the egg
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have used a product "OSR" Oil Stain Remover which I get in Lowes in the paint section. About $10 a 1/2 gallon. Works great on oil and power steering fluid on pavers. Might be a solution.
  • CITYSWINE
    Options
    found some degreaser stuff called listoff at supermarket. Put it on stained pavers at full strength then scrubbed a bit with a broom and some hot water. Looks like it actually got stains out. Area had not completly dried so not 100% sure....and won't know for a few days as it's snowing now and explecting 8-10 inches.