Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Posole on the "half Egg"

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1 1/2 pounds pork
1/2 pound sausage
1 29-ounce can posole, drained and rinsed
1 can water
1/2 small onion
1 roma tomato
4 ounces chopped green chili
1 Tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon chicken soup base
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons hot sauce[p]RUB
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon oregano, powdered
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 ground chili
1/8 teaspoon mesquite powder[p]Combine rub ingredients and pat into all surfaces of the pork. Bag and refrigerate overnight. Cook at 300° direct for one hour. (I used country ribs which were basically square in section. This allowed me to turn them them every 15 minutes, so each side got a little sear.) Add sausage at the half hour mark, and cook for 30 minutes.[p]Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in crock pot. When meat is done, crumble the sausage into the pot. Chop the pork coarsely and add to the pot. Simmer at least 2 hours, or until posole kernels begin to absorb the flavor.[p]When I planned this recipe I planned to use the baby dutch oven that fits the small Egg. I didn’t get custody of the baby dutch, but did get the crockpot and the Egg. (Didn’t realize this till I was too far gone - hence the title.) The result is very good, but would be even better with a little smoke from the Egg. And like many rustic stews, it will be better reheated.[p]Ken

Comments