Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wood Chunks in North Gwinnett?

Options
Chris in Gwinnett
Chris in Gwinnett Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gwinnetians (you know who you are!)-

I need a local retail source for fruit wood chunks. I really prefer apple and cherry, but I can only find chips. I would rather buy local from brick and mortar, but if that is not possible I guess I need the next best alternative. Any help, as always, will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Try an Ace Hardware or True Value near you. Wally World carries some wood chips. If you have any fruit farms nearby you can buy from the grower. I buy cherry and apple chunks from the local farmers market when it up and running. Good luck to all. Tom
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Chris,I'll hook you up with all the apple that you want,you just have to come over and prune my apple trees :lol: That's what I do(when I need apple chucks).There are some great sources online,though I can't find the links right now :blush: :pinch:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Hey Chris,

I have about 40 pounds each of cherry, pecan, and sugar maple in my basement drying. They can be used now, but are not cut into chunks yet.

Let me know when you want some and I'll get you hooked up. I've also got a pretty much endless supply of hickory and red oak behind the house if you ever want any - we'll just have to cut it.

And if you're really adventurous I just lost a deadora cedar that I need to cut down.
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Hey All, thanks for the timely response. I will try the hardware co-ops before I bother the closest person who responded to me (I believe that might be Fidel, sorry buddy) and raid their backyard or basement!

Thanks again.