Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plate Setter

PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
edited 10:43PM in EggHead Forum
Damaged message -- original body lost.


  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    TNW's got it right. The technical term for the plate setter is "vitrified", i.e. turned to glass. It's as impervious to water, grease, etc. as a window, drinking glass, or (for that matter) the vitrified china used in toilet bowls. You can't damage it by getting drippings on it.
    You can, however, build up a coating that has the potential to ooze onto the "other" side. When I use the plate setter legs up, I put a drip pan in place. That way, when I use it legs down for baking, there's no "yuck" to have melted and oozed onto the "upper" surface.[p]Ken

Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.