Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothers day food

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing good. Yesterday I was told that mothers day is going to be today at the brother in laws. He is cooking ribs and wanted me to bring green beans. I said ok, and started them about 9:00 last night. They smell good. i also figured as long as he was cooking ribs that a little bit of pulled pork would be good to. I started 2 butts at 6:30 last night, went to be3d at 9:30 dome temp at232*,internal at 147*. I got up at 3:00 and dome temp was perfect at 232*. (How does this egg do it?) with internal temp still at 147*. A thunderstorm came along around 4:00, I got upat 5:10 and dome temp had dropped to 200*, internal at 147*. i opened the daisy a little, it is now at 260*, with an internal temp of 165*. Life is good. I have to tend to green beans on the stove more than I have to tend to bbq on a charcoal grill. That is pretty cool. i have to go. Hope eveyone has a good day.

Comments

• maddaug
    maddaug Posts: 56
    Options
    spineyone,
    Thanks! I'm not sure what will be served by my guy to me today. We've had so many storms lately I thought I would have to throw myself on top of our egg to protect from hail. Hope these eggs don't break easily. It's made it through one hail strom!!