Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Tequila Cream Sauce!

HatchHatch Posts: 149
edited 9:06PM in EggHead Forum
Ok here goes, I found this sauce one day after (god forbid) pan searing a steak. It works well with both the steak and fish.

Start with one cup of tequila, 2-3 shalotts, and 10-12 green peppercorns. I get the ones that are in a brine, they look a lot like capers.
Simmer until reduced by half.
(If pan searing of course deglaze with the tequila.)
Add approx. 2/3cup heavy cream, continue to reduce until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
This part is optional, strain out the peppercorns and shallotts. I leave them in if doing a steak.

Finish with 2-3tsp butter, salt and white pepper.

It's pretty mild but is a nice accent to both.
Hope you enjoy,

• dang kenny, that sounds really good!!! ... but what i'm really impressed about is that YOU actually left enough tequilla in the bottle to make a sauce in the first place!!!!!
  • HatchHatch Posts: 149
    I had an old bottle of Cuervo 1800, had to use it for something. You know I won't drink that stuff. :S
  • LOL. ...thats like me and wine. ..won't drink it, but i'll always find a good use for it to cook with!!. ..that tequila sauce sounds great... .i also like to throw a shot of tequila into almost any flank steak or skirt steak or hanger steak marinade for a little extra flavor additive. .. .
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    Working on the good karma

Now I have a good sauce..

All I need is a good steak...

.o0(positive thoughts)
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,937
    Don't forget the good tequila!

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,002
    Morning Kenny:

Thank you for the recipe! That looked and sounded so good from the pictures of y'alls weekend in AZ. Of course now I have to go out and buy a bottle of Tequila! :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• I'll go buy the come over and share it....
  • Now you're talking Max...something for me to try with me "ugly steaks" too....
  • Great to see your post! You spoil your friends!! ( with the fish & tequila ) Hope to see you soon! :) Any events coming up?
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Thanks for posting that recipe, Chris posted a picture of halibut with a tequila crema sauce on another board I frequent and I'm guessing it's the same sauce???
    Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Susan...we're doing Waldorf again this there too? We'll have to watch the Derby again though....
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    :laugh: Kick em when their aint never gonna let him live it down are ya.. :laugh:
  • Desert Filly wrote:
    Susan...we're doing Waldorf again this there too? We'll have to watch the Derby again though....
    Yes, to Waldorf & the Derby!!! I do not think I can come up with a fancy hat like yours but I can drink a mint julep in honor. :laugh: I thought I had a picture but could not find it. :angry: I wish you could make it to Ocala. What other fests do you have plans for?
  • HatchHatch Posts: 149
    That's the one.