Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Kingsford all Natual Briq's

Smokin-AJ'sSmokin-AJ's Posts: 99
edited 7:15PM in EggHead Forum
I plan on firing up the egg and cookin some pork butt and whole birds this weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone out there has tried to new kingsford natural briq's in their egg. The product just came on the market in January.

Comments

• AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    I was in Wally World today and saw "Competition Briquettes". Didn't buy them, I'm heading to Restaurant Depot for $7.99 Royal Oak 20lbs lump charcoal. Even the wife thinks it is a good idea.

Gordon
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    My local RD has dropped the Royal Oak USA Lump.

Now with a lesser brand from Argentina for about that same price... :(

I picked up a bag to try..but I'm not hopefull!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • I have used the competition Kingsford. I got a hold of three bags during the testing of the charcoal. It burns hotter then the regular kingsford yet it creates very little ash just like lump. I didn't have any problems with air flow on the two long cooks I did on my eggs. I just wish I could find some around me. Hoss
  • I've just got a bag so maybe in the next couple of weeks I can do a mini-report.
    The Naked Whiz
  • hi all