Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gilded Pork Chops

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tuesday night I went to the local butcheress and had her cut me two loin-end chops, 1.75-inches thick. I coated them heavily with Ken Stone's Gilded Splinters Rub, and let them set for a few hours. I fired the egg up to "raging inferno" and seared the chops about 3 minutes on each side. Then I closed everything up until the internal temperature hit 145F on my instant-read (about 5 more minutes). I took them off, wrapped them in heavy duty foil, and towels, and let them rest for 15 minutes. The seasoning and flavor was absolutely perfect. Ken's rub is the best I've ever had on pork. The chops were fork-tender. Even my wife, who's not much of a pork chop eater, raved about how wonderful they were.[p]Give this technique a whirl! You won't regret it![p]Kelly

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Sounds good, and I also enjoy Ken's rubs (esp the Easy Life rub).[p]I did pork chops the other day. I rubbed both with some of my newly acquired Swamp Venom. One of them I topped with Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk and grilled direct (adding some more jerk before serving). The other I grilled with just the rub but then doused with Green Mountain Gringo Hot salsa (one of my favs that is available at my local supermarket...which is key for me since I don't have to remember to reorder).[p]Both were very tasty and might hot.[p]A porkaholic,
    Cornfed