Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Irish Salmon

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 11:11AM in EggHead Forum
Here is a recipe I received from a friend, I don't know where it came from. I have not tried it yet but he loves it and ask his wife to cook it for birthday. I'm not big on onion or garlic so I usually leave them out on most things that I cook, adjust the recipe to your preference. Hope someone finds in interesting.[p]Cheers,
New Bob[p]Irish Salmon
Recipe
SAUERKRAUT: 3 Tbsp. Defatted Chopped Bacon 1Tbsp Caraway Seeds 1 Large onion sliced thin- 1 Plum tomato , peeled, seeded and chopped. 2lbs. Sauerkraut 12oz Hard Cider.
Drain and rinse the sauerkraut- put in a sauce pan and add all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer and cook covered for one hour. [p]SALMON: 1/4 c. Coriander-1/4 c. cumin-1/4c. Fennel seeds-1/4c. Mustard seeds-
1/4c. Granulated onion or black onion seeds-4-6 pieces of salmon filet, skinned
and gray stuff trimmed off. 1/4 c. oil or peanut oil. Put all the spices in the oil
and use a hard stick or hit with a stick blender for 5 seconds. Rub each piece
of salmon on both sides with this spice. Cover and leave in the refrigerator for
an hour. Heat the barbecue or a large skillet and cook until done. [p]SERVE: Serve the salmon with or on top of the sauerkraut.[p]

·