Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HEY Woo! Sorry so late w/this info ...

Options
greeneggonmyface
greeneggonmyface Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry I keep forgetting to write back to ya WooDoggies - [p]I tend to find recipes I like then doctor them up a bit... so...
For the coconut chicken... all I did was add Hoisin, Ginger & Coconut Milk to a recipe for Chicken Long Rice I found doing an internet search: http://www.hawaiian-luau.com/html/search.php3/searchstring=Chicken_Long_Rice.[p]Saute the chicken in garlic and olive oil, then add all other ingredients (even the new ones I added) except rice noodles, and also reserve some of the broth. (Oh, I also soaked some dried wild mushrooms and added those along with the regular white mushrooms (not canned ones). Then finish the recipe adding the noodles and broth. I add only enough noodles to make it like a chow mein, not a soup.[p]As for the ceviche - I bought a smoked salmon from the COSTCO. It's smoked and sliced, but I shred it too. I used a yellow pepper, chopped fresh tomatoes, lime and lemon juice (fresh)... It was really good, but even better the second and third days![p]I made about 14 pounds of the Kalua Pig and it was gone to the last shred! It turned out so great! I used apple chunks and smoked it for about 17 hours on a large BGE. I served it with both a sweet bbq sauce and a vinegar/peppery bbq sauce.[p]The luau was a HUGE hit!

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    greeneggonmyface,[p]
    Thanks, mang! I have a feeling I'm going to be doing the coconut chicken very soon.[p]Glad your Luau was a success..... keep posting those recipes.[p]Beers,
    John