Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Chili

Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My buddy is a chili competitor and has done quite well at local contest. Recently I have been smoking briskets for him to add in place of hamburger and it really has kicked up the flavor. Finally got him to come over to make it on the egg. It really was loaded with lots of flavor (especially from the egg) and while spicy, wasn't over the edge spicy despite all the peppers. We cooked this for about four hours around 275 dome and then up to 400 the last 30 min.

dsc_0001.jpg

dsc_0006.jpg

dsc_0014.jpg

dsc_0018.jpg

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Looks so inviting I'd like to jump in! Curious, have you ever considered and/or tried pork instead of beef? I find that it makes a great chili, and pork sausage can take it over the top (kinda like the 'extras' in a financial stimulus package)! 8 - ),,,
  • I haven't but we will. I will be doing quite a bit of butts coming up soon so I will have him give that a shot. I wanted to also use some thighs for some white chili and see how that comes out.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That looks really good. Terrific photos too.

A friend of mine swears by brisket chili, but I've never done it myself.
  • Brisket in chili? Never would have thought of that, but I'll have to it give it a try in the next batch I make.

That chili sure looks great. I like the varied color instead of the usual all red. I also like that it's all veggies and meat. Not a big fan of chili that is mostly beans.