Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

155 wings and 3 racks of ribs on large????

Options
Eggbert 75
Eggbert 75 Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking 150 wings and 3 racks of ribs....was going to cook ribs first then put wings on any suggestions for temps duration etc........i was thinkin 1.5hrs for ribs and roughly just over an hour for wings ......this is on large egg, was going to use rib rack and also 2 teir rack?????????

Comments

• Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    You should be able to get three racks on a large with a rack. I will sometime cut them in half to do the fit. As far as 1.5 hours for the ribs, I would figure at least three, four maybe five depending on your method. That's at 250ish dome temp. I usually figure 4.5 to 5 hours for mine. If they finish up a little early then so be it. My two cents, sounds like your having a little shindig, have fun. Go Cards. B)
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    My ribs are in the 5-6 hour range at 240 grate and have had one cook go over 6 hours. I check with tongs and look at the pull back on the bones.

With that many wings, I think I would cut the tips off - they just take up room. Could throw the tips in a pot with a couple onions, stalks of celery, and a couple carrots and let them simmer for 6-8 hours for a nice stock.
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    That many wings will take longer than an hour (at least in the 325-350 range due to the meat mass and multiple levels it will take to get them all in the Large. I've done about 80 at one time and even that drops the doem temp for a good 30 minutes. My guess it that you'll need at least an hour and a half to get that skin crispy.

Sounds like good eats - good luck!
  • AL
    AL Posts: 81
    Options
    LOOK IN THE RECIPE SECTION UNDER PORK AND YOU WELL SEE JJ SLOT RECIEPE FOR RIBS IN 2:15 HOURS AT 375. I COOK MINE THAT WAY AND THEY ARE GREAT. THE CHICKEN WINGS WELL TAKE MAYBE 1HR X 2 COOKS A TOTAL OF 4-5 HOURS TOTAL COOK/. GOOD LUCK

AL