Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mold

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have mold inside my egg. All around the gasket, inside top lid and aroung the inside wall of bottom section. The Grate also has this mold. The Egg has been covered all winter. Is this harmful? What should I do to correct and how to prevent???????[p]Thanks,
Jolly

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Jolly,
    This is nothing new......I had not used my small BGE since last November and broke it out recently and had the same problem.....well, not a problem. I've had it happen before. I just take a spatula and scrpe off what I can the just burn the rest off before I cook. No need to worry, as far as I am concerned.

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Jolly,
    Also.....to prevent this......just use the egg more often......... :-)

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    Jolly,
    Put some lump in it, fire it up and let er burn. Seriously, lots of people see mold in their eggs. It could be from shutting down from a lo n slow without letting all the moisture burn off, or just from sitting to long without being used. It seems the easiest way to get rid of it is to fire that puppy up bring it up to 600° and let the mold just burn off. To prevent it from happing again let Mr. Egg burn for a little bit after a cook and use it more often so it can't build up the moisture that gives that mold a home.