Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WPB: Please fix Authentic Refried Beans recipe

Options
jeffinsgf
jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Once again, the software did not recognize any of my line returns.

I know you're using a Mac, as I am. Why won't it recognize line returns?

Comments

• jeffinsgf
    Options
    I appreciate your attention to this. Can you tell me how to keep it from happening again in the future?
  • PhillySmoker
    Options
    I did some testing logged in as a normal forum user... I selected to add a new recipe (bottom of sidebar), and used HTML markup directly in the text controls for description, ingredients, and instructions.

Here is an example....

<p>
    4 Tbl flour<br>
    4 Tbl butter<br>
    </p>

which would format a paragraph, and use line breaks as the carriage return.

does this help at all?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jeff,

I, as an admin, apparently get different options than you do when I edit a recipe, I can switch between HTML and WYSIWYG... so if a recipe looks "funky", I edit it, switch to HTML source mode, put in markup tags (as shown in the preceeding post) to create paragraphs and line breaks, and then save the recipe in the database.

Again, let me know if that helps. I've been swamped with my day job at the moment so sorry for the delayed replies for some of this stuff.

WPB
  • jeffinsgf
    Options
    No problem. I can put use html. In most wysiwyg apps it screws things up.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jeff,

Just be careful with copy and paste, as it may paste more hatml than we want. Personally, I'd probably pull the recipe into Notepad to remove all but text, then add the "minimal" tags like "P" and "BR".

If we pull in extra tags or style stuff from a simple paste, we might get font sizing and font style control which could potentially be ugly and make for inconsistent style between recipes.

Keep me in the loop.