Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breaking Eggtucky's Axiom Tonight

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have a 1 pound ribeye for Dinner tonight. Didn't think about it on the ride home or I would have picked up something better to drink with Dinner so we have Old Grand Dad and Jack available. We will be cooking and drinking the best , the Jack,. My wife and I like a steak soaked in Jack and I'll add some Jack chips for good measure.

Since I'got the egg I have been egging my wife to do some lamb on it, but she always says no. I've egged it a couple of times when I was alone. Saturday night we go to a chop house for dinner and I got grilled porterhouse lamb chops and she got chicken. She surprised my and asked for a taste of the lamb then really surprised me when she said she should have order the lamb. So it looks like there is lamb in our Eggs future.

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    I've got a really good, true New Zealand, leg of lamb recipe in the recipe list on the forum. My wife didn't care much for lamb, but after that leg of lamb, she is begging me to cook it again! Biggest trick is to trim off as much fat as you possibly can - to reduce the "gamey" taste.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Misippi Egger wrote:
    Biggest trick is to trim off as much fat as you possibly can - to reduce the "gamey" taste.

I've also found that an overnight "brine" in buttermilk really cuts down the gamey-ness of lamb, plus it seems to make the lamb even more tender. Just sprinkle with a little kosher salt and submerge in buttermilk.
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    haha..I don't like Jack so I woulda used it on the steaks too!! :P :woohoo: ..you'll love the lamb..I did a leg of a couple weeks ago and it was awesome! ...CAUTION!!... don't over cook it!