Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Some Advice

Options
dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 6lb Prime Rib will be putting DD Cow Lick Steak Rub on for tomorrow, I and going to sear it on the small all sides at 500*-600* than transfer it to the large at 225* (no wood)
Any idea how long this will take??? [p]And question 2: When the small comes down to 350* i will be putting a 4lb Turkey Breast with just Oil,salt,pepper. Smoked with Pecan chips.
How long should I expect this to take???
Thx all
Happy Holidays, beer, good food friends and laughter.
dublin

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    dublin,
    Can't help with the turkey but the prime roast should take about 3hrs to get to 140F which should be MED.
    Take some pics for us.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    dublin,
    It will only take 1 1/2 to 2 hours.It only took these two 9# turkey breast 3 hours to cook.I pulled them off at 165°.
    Larry

[ul][li]Thanksgiving Turkey Breast[/ul]
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    YB,[p]Dolly Parton - ohhh man cracked me up![p]I've never done a whole turkey, but I've got to say turkey breasts (the bone in variety at least) cooked on the Egg are really something special. I've always thought turkey from the oven was ok for a once or twice a year meal, but those Egged turkey breasts are really wonderful. Also, any of the left overs really retain a great flavor for sammiches as well.[p]What did you think of them Larry?[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Jethro,
    I love turkey breast cooked on the egg.I have been cooking them for years.We had my family for lunch and my wifes family dinner last Thanksgiving.My brother opened the large egg and went back in the house and told everyone I was cooking Dolly Parton.Here is a picture of them on the egg.
    Larry

[ul][li]Thanksgiving Cook[/ul]